Thursday, January 31, 2008

Over Already?

I have a need to post tonight, being the last day of January 2008. I think it's because I can't actually believe January is over already. Where has the first month of the year gone! Holy.

Had an, erm, challenging morning trying to get two very tired children to sleep. The last two busy days had caught up with them. I tried to put them to bed at 9am - they were up before 5.30am. By lunchtime I had smoke coming out of my ears. I started to make lunch, give them a full belly and they might sleep *this* time. Waiting in their chairs ready for food, Caleb asks what is Zali doing? I don't know, what is she doing (remember I was not that happy). She is hiding! he says. I trot around the corner and see she has fallen asleep in her chair, head and hands hanging down on her tray. She isn't hiding Caleb, she is asleep!

I took her to bed and Caleb decides he wants to sleep also, lunch can wait. Grrr.

I told myself (surely they would have heard?) they *must* sleep for at least two hours to give me some breathing time. I played on the computer and scrapbooked. Nice relaxing stuff.

They actually slept for two hours! Wahooo! My kids aren't real huge day time sleepers but this was one big sleep I am thankful for.

Catch you in February!

No comments: