Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Great day

You know how a lot of the time we take things for granted. (Ok, sure, not everyone and not all the time yadda yadda). Normal things we can do we don't even think about. Using your two hands, at the same time. Seeing through your beautiful eyes. Running, jumping, peddaling, climbing a ladder. Everyday things. Sure, I don't run every day, ok, I don't run. Probably don't do much ladder climbing either, but work with me here!

This morning at an occupational therapy appointment, I saw Caleb open his right hand up and reach to grab a yellow wooden ladybug. It is the first time he has opened and closed his hand for an object with no assistance. I fought it as I sat there watching, I still am fighting it now, but I am nearly about to crumble in happiness and sob tears of pure joy and love for my little boy. It is a huge leap forward with his progress. Such a simple task, something we take for granted.

I don't know how to fully explain these feelings. But today is a good day. I hope he knows how special and wonderful he is, now and always.

Why don't you leave me a comment today? Share the love baby.

No comments: