Sunday, January 13, 2008

Growing Up

This week has been huge for Miss Zali. She turned 17 months and is now doing 'big girl' things. It doesn't seem like that long ago she was a tiny baby in my arms, cripes. All too fast.

We put away her highchair and she has claimed her new booster seat very proudly. She was sitting in it when I pulled it out of the box onto the floor. She had climbed up on it before I had finished tying the straps to the seat. She climbs up and sits on her royal behind and waits for her meals. She loves it.

She had a great time eating her weetbix. She asked 'is there anything on my face?' (Work with me, people! Of course she can speakly clearly and concisely, would I put words in her mouth? Moi?) The booster seat, well, all I can say is it had a quick and messy christening.


The next move up to 'big girl-ness' was to a single bed. This little beauty set us back $10. Good starter bed, and it bounces well so both Zali and Caleb are impressed. Her new linen was part of her Christmas parcel. I would like to make a doona cover and a patchwork quilt for her also. These will be a first for me, but I am keen and determined. Will show you when I have finished. If they can be seen in public, that is.

Her first sleep in her new bed. She is sharing with Piglet and Piggie. Caleb was keen to share also, but he is asleep in his bed in the diagonal corner of the room.

Zali is loving the double swing at the moment. A while ago when I loaded her on it, she didn't like it and got cross at me. These days she climbs up and shakes it, waiting for someone to push her. Of course Caleb doesn't want to miss out on any fun, so he is a very willing participant in the 'it takes two' swing. Bless little Mel, pushing them while I syphon oxygen and count to 10 (this was on Friday while they were driving me nuts!).

This is a cute photo. Zali really swings herself when she walks and this pic captures that very nicely. Not quite sure if Mel was urging her over this way or hamming it up. Love it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Zali! How cute are you!
You really are growing up to fast. You are just tooo cute!