Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bruises

This photo makes me laugh. Both my kids love to dance. To anything. Even to the Woolworths jingle. Here we were watching Sunrise, and they had a choir from Africa (part of the best of 2007 Sunrise episodes). The kids went off!


Zali is improving with her moves. She using more arm action and is feeeeeeling the music.

There are times when I don't like listening to music. Like when I am singing along and Caleb says 'no singing Mum!' Whatever. I am sure his father tells him to say that. Hmpf.

The kids went outside this afternoon to play in the rain. They loved it. Zali loved the mud and dirt and splashing in the water. Caleb loved filling his watering can with water and transporting to the shell pool. Zali loved putting the bucket on her head.

At the end of the play session out the back, Caleb found delight in running up and down the cement splashing through the puddles. Zali had sort of given up and was pulling our clean clothes of the clothes airer and rubbing past them with her dirty grassy little self. You gotta laugh, she did a small wee approximately 37 seconds after I took off her nappy, then took off the peg holding a pair of Grandma's undies, which proceeded to fall into the puddle of wee. It is making me laugh again.

Anyway, back to Caleb. I told him to be careful. Yes Mum, he said. Need to be careful, don't fall over or we hit our head. That was his words. You don't have to be a genius to guess he did slip, a real good one. The thud of his scone hitting the cement was loud and he immediately screamed out in pain. The egg on the back of his head would go into the Extra Large egg carton. I wonder if this has been an educational experience, or he will go straight back to his puddle running. I won't mention the water tap on the back wall that he walked straight in to, his poor bruised and battered noggin.

Have you said I love you to someone today?

No comments: