Sunday, January 27, 2008

sun

Just popping in to say Hi. We are back from Roma safe and sound. We drove 1340km in the last two days. Buggered.

I am sunburnt, dehydrated and tired. On the road most of the day you can't be drinking too much water when you have to wait a while until the next town, and I gotta be peeing right *now*, that ain't good. Now I am thirsty thirsty but can't drink too much as I get bloated after one cup. Need that to settle before I skull another glass of cool pure refreshing water. Sigh.

Sunburnt, well, that was when I was walking around the Injune cemetery about 1pm. It was stinkin hot, the dry killer hot, and I could feel my skin cooking like a sausage on a BBQ. Being the pure genius I am, I left my suncream home with the kids and none was brought.

Lastly, I am tired. Driving is tiring, most of the time I was the back seat passenger (high on travel sick medication), but seating in one spot watching clouds and/or trees wonder past, is exhausting. I am going to bed and I will talk more about my travels later.

The kids missed me (which is nice) and Adrian is glad to have me back, yup. He is going fishing tomorrow with a mate. He better take the suncream I think. Hopefully tomorrow will be an easy day for this old girl and we can prep Caleb for his first day back at Little School. Not sure if I will be recuperating on Tuesday or celebrating my quiet with a flurry of craft activities. I want to be scrapbooking, making a quilt, sewing a dress and making some cards. I will have to prioritise I think.

Okey, nighty night cats pajamas.

No comments: