Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Good Day

First day back at Little School went well. As far as I know.

Zali moved up to the Toddlers Room at kindy today. Adrian thought that meant out in the big playground. He came home and said he didn't think she was ready to move up. She sure ain't ready to move up to the big playground with the big kids, but ready for Toddlers. The Toddlers share the small playground with the babies, so it will be the same outside play as before. I nearly shite-ted myself when he said he took her out to the big playground . . . but he handed her to a carer, she would have put Zali in the right spot. Phew!

Caleb was excitedly waiting for the bus to come. We waited at the garage and just before the bus pulled up it started spitting. Great timing! I couldn't get decent photos of getting on the bus cause I had to take his car seat and install on his chair. Lynette the bus driver had put back the Freddo window shade and toy Freddo on his window - nice having the same driver again. He was happy with a touch of nervousness. He gave me a shy hug, needing a little confidence boost, but once I lifted him onto his car seat he was smiling and talking to the carer about cleaning his sunnies. All was good.

Can't wait to see how his day went. Caleb will come with me this afternoon to pick up Zali. Can't wait to see how her day went.

Oh, I do slightly miss them. I miss the cuddles. I don't miss the whingeing. I am loving the quiet. So far, a good day.

No comments: