Saturday, January 5, 2008

Yay

Yay! Mel and Brent arrived home today! Missed them and can't wait to see their photos and hear about their travels. Will be *really* nice to see them.

When I was packing on the Friday before Christmas to head up to Toowoomba, the kids were downstairs playing. Hard life for some. There were lots of giggling, I knew they were doing something no-no. While they played though, I had peace to get stuck into the packing. It was quite warm and I wanted to get it done and hop in the car so they could sleep on the way up.

After a period of silence I went to check on them, silence can be worse than giggling in the no-no stakes.

This is what I found . . .


The poor dears had tuckered themselves out.

Caleb had perched himself on the lounge for a few minutes of Rags before having a nap.






Little Miss Zali was stuck on the ottoman, complete with sheepskin for added comfort. No wonder they were quiet!

When I first saw Zali I thought she was covered in sweat and might be unwell. Yeah, no. That was what the giggling was all about. She had gotten Caleb's water bottle and been splashing around like a human fountain. She was covered in large patches of water, the water bottle was empty. Least it was good clean fun for them. Plus now I had more quiet time to finish the packing!


Here is Campbell blowing out his candles on his birthday cake. Sheree made a chocolate cake with yellow butter icing. Different coloured lollies spelt out his name and the four balloon lollies had tails made with Sheree's brand new piping set. It was fun to make, I helped only slightly with the lollies. Making the letters, not eating them. Except the peanut M&M's.



Cripes it is hot today. Sticky hot, uncomfortable hot. There is a list of things I wanted to get into tonight, but I have the motivation of a dead mosquito.

I heard during the week, but today I saw it myself. Hot Cross Buns. At the supermarket. Totally wrong. Lordy.

Remember to get stuck in to the chilled water people - hydrate! Off to get me some.

No comments: