Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lashings

What exactly do you call 'lashings of butter'?

After Caleb left for school this morning on the bus, Zali came trotting inside requesting something to eat. Sure, I said. I will change Griff and get you something to eat - back in a minute. On the kitchen bench the Husband had left out the butter, Vegemite and some crumpets for my breakfast (ew - as if i eat Vegemite crumpets, pass the peanut butter please!).

I realised my MasterChef had started to 'eat' when she joined me upstairs asking to have her hands wiped. She was a *smidge* bit covered in Vegemite (hands, shirt, jumper, mouth, eyebrow) and wanted to be clean.

Have you been eating the Vegemite, I asked.

Yes. And Butter.

Did you make a sandwich or just eat them?

I made a sandwich. (gulp!)


I would like to commend my MasterChef and her attempts at packing up. The lid is on the butter and the lid is somewhat on the Vegemite - knife ready for next person to use . . . am looking for the positives here (and no, we do not leave knives in our jars of any type of condiment, looking for some positives remember!).


Her sandwich is a uncooked crumpet. Her lashings of butter resemble an edible (perhaps?) Opera House of Crumpet Land. She had taken a bite . . . see? Strangely she did not like her concoction.



Thankfully we were heading out, we needed some distraction. A visit to Janene, Amy and Baby Matilda were on the cards. It was a lovely morning and always a pleasure spending time with them.


Baby Matilda awake and asleep.


My MasterChef Zali, Griffy and Amy - all had props: Amy had car keys and Lexter Dexter Cabbage Patch Doll (I hope I spelt that right Janene?). Zali had a baby (not pictured) and a blue handbag. There was a flurry of excitement with our models when Griff had the blue handbag and was 'tasting' it and Zali was not impressed, twas *her* prop.

No comments: