Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Have you had a Cookie Cake?

Remember I mentioned I baked? Here it is all plated up ready to head off to 'skills for school' playgroup at the CP League. L-R: Custard Craison biscuits, Raspberry and Macadamia Blondies & Caramel Struesel Slice. The went down a treat and there was a few joyous moans of 'yummmmm'. A few too many raspberries were tossed in with Caleb and Zed helping but I have improved with the other two dishes coming out better on this second baking adventure.


My birthday presents - I got the bracelet and most of the beads. If you squint you will see my three little babies at the top of the picture - two of them kicking their heels up - they were my Mothers Day presents.


Jewellery
seemed to be the theme. Some from Sheree and family, the black flower set I found (they were from the kids?) plus a spare $20 slipped in from Sheree bought me a sweet little Cath Kidston journal - I love me a notebook!


I have wanted a cookie cake ever since Mrs Fields had them on display in a glass box on their counter. Never justifiable. If a girl can't get what she wants on her birthday, well . . .


The embarrassing part was the ordering. What is your name? Gail. (Enter other details here . . . ) then . . . Do you want writing on it? Yes. Happy Birthday (cough cough) Gail. I had a bit of a laugh and told her I had to order my own birthday cake. Pretty embarrassment!

The funnest shot is Caleb blowing out my candle. Not sure if he blew it or vacuum-sucked it! He loves birthday cakes and candles and these days he can blow just wind, thankfully, instead of spitting more than blowing it out. Noice!



A real treat for the day? A surprise delivery (I was told in the morning that it was coming) via courier from Toowoomba from my sweet sweet Mummy-in-law (and I reckon Teagan might have been involved!). She decided that having to cook dinner on my birthday wasn't right . . . in my delivery was a delicious chicken pie, cauliflower & cheese sauce (both these in pyrex style dishes ready for the oven), chunky beef and noodle soup AND . . . . a *trifle* (which she knows I love!) Adrian whipped up a nice pot of mashed potato as well. My goodness - how great is that? Extremely thoughtful. These two extremely *thoughtful* ladies have been so good to me recently - they rock! Mm-wah!


Mum gave me some of my Pandora beads but surprised me with my favourite chocolates. Rwoar! Would anyone like one?

Note: do you actually think there are any chocolates left?

No comments: