Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Evac!

Crikey there has been a *bit* of rain around! Was able to finish my jobs early to enjoy the wet and cool weather as it should be enjoyed . . . in bed! Me and Griff snuggled under the blankets - how can a baby take up 2/3 of the bed? I am sure he will start stealing the blankets soon. After he went to sleep I picked up my new Julia Morris book . . . couldn't get through one page before I started nodding off. Great way to spend a morning - naps are the best!

I was woken after lunch by the home phone ringing, my mobile ringing and my mobile ringing again. As I stumbled downstairs to find out what was going on the home phone rang again. Turns out the creek at the back of Caleb's little school had jumped its banks and they were evacuating. The school was trying to call to inform me of the situation, the buses were all requested immediately to get the kids and so the bus driver was trying to let me know. After talking to the bus driver, the Husband called because the school had rang his work trying to get him (he was in a meeting as usual). My response to the calls . . . 'sorry, I was asleep'. Oops.

I had to laugh when Caleb came home on a different bus. He was happy and going with the flow, thankfully, and wanted this new bus back - he must have enjoyed it. As well as having his bestie Sophie on board, their other classmate Zac was on board too. Why the different bus (and this is why I laughed) . . . his bus got stuck in the water at school!

No comments: