Sunday, May 17, 2009

2 words

to describe today. Tired. Burn.

Very tired. Very very. Have had late nights. Am awake throughout creeping around the house on our creaky floor boards for blanket adjustments for the kids so they don't become little icicles and then try and climb in to bed to snuggle with me to warm up. Perhaps a toilet trip for young lad wearing undies to bed, of course I would need one myself while I am up. Griffy has had rough nights with his teeth, which I think is looking up and he is a little more like himself. Generally early to get out of bed. This morning was awake around 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. Some days it isn't possible to have a nap for a bit of catch up.

Burn. My eyes are burning from the tiredness. My back is burning from the heat pack I currently have on it. My back is burning from the pain I suffer after 'breaking' it during the week. Me? Drama Queen? To add to that I stood for most of today baking - great for a sore back.

I decided I had had enough of baking and cooking dinner and said I was tired and my back is very sore. Zali, the little dear, wanted to see my back when I said that, 'show me your back Mummy'. She held up my shirt and looked at my back for a while, 'it's ok Mummy, after your bath i will put a band aid on it, ok?'

No comments: