Thursday, August 30, 2007

Go Outside and Play

I had a wonderful breakfast yesterday with my gorgeous friend Jill. She was up for a week visiting, she moved to a little coastal town in New South Wales earlier in the year. It was so nice to see her and talk to her and see her beautiful face. I miss her. She rocks.

Zali had a wonderful day at the shops. She was an angel all morning, very happy to stay in her pram. We were home before lunch, she was ready to crawl and play and chat then and wondered around the house happily.

Caleb had a great day at Little School. He is loving the bus, he runs out to it excited to get on. They had a motorcycle policeman visit yesterday. I am excited when the bus arrives in the afternoon, I can't wait to see him again. I wave frantically (the bus driver probably thinks I am a bit of a tool) and love seeing his little face with the bus doors glide open. He sits next to the door, he can easily see us waiting.

We went out the backyard to play. The kids had a swing and then explored the yard. I think Zali ate some grass and/or dirt (as usual) and Caleb drunk his warm Milo.




Beautiful weather at the moment. Nice being outside and just playing.
The kids had mince and teddy bear pasta for dinner. Caleb had a scoop of chocolate icecream and Zali had some strawberries. We had rissoles and salad.

My throat is feeling yucky, fingers crossed I don't get another throat infection. Kids are off at kindy today. Caleb had a bit of a runney nose, but he was so excited to see Riley, I didn't want to keep him home. Just had a call from Zali's teacher. She isn't settling well. She didn't eat morning tea, isn't interested in her water, and won't sleep on her own. She asked if there was anything else she could do. She will try Bonjella on her gums, there has been some movement of toothies lately, and will call again if she doesn't improve.

I hate to think she is upset and crying, but I really need a break. If she needs me, I will be there immediately of course. I wanted to spend today on my own and scrapbook. Just for me. I am organising some photos and doing some prep work at the moment, hoping to create some pages soon. I have cleaned up my scrap area and that feels really good.

Will have a Gloria Jeans Mudslide filter coffee and then get back to it (and wait for a potential kindy call). I think I am officially a member of Liz's Coffee Snob Club. Instant coffee no longer appeals! Hope you have enjoyed your morning coffee's Liz!

1 comment:

Liz Weber said...

Oh so glad you are officially a member of my Coffee Snob Club - total members 3 now LOL.


So sorry to hear Miss Zali and Mr Caleb aren't feeling 100%.

Really really sorry to hear Zali isn't dealing with kindy as well as you hoped she would. Not good for your downtime Gail.

Hope to see you guys on Wednesday :-)