Sunday, August 19, 2007

Catch Up

Hmm, I think I will give an update in point form. Been tired and my get-up-and-go has got-up-and-gone. My brain needs a 'choke' button like the old cars. Something to help the poor thing start to tick over.

  • Have I already mentioned that Zali was a little unsettled after her first day of kindy. Sort of like she was worried I would leave her again. Oops. It will happen again sweety.
  • Friday Caleb wasn't too keen to hop on the bus to go to school. I thought he had the whole thing sussed and his settling in period was extremely short. Turns out he was up at 4am (thankfully went in to visit Grandma) and by bus time he was really tired. He was upset cause he wanted to sleep, and I was told he went to sleep quickly on the bus. Hmm. He perked up real quick driving up our street, the carer said he definitely knew he was nearly home.
  • Thursday night we went over to Baby N Things at Mt Gravatt and picked up Zali's pet. A little pink poodle. Very cute. That reminds me, I need to photograph before it gets worn and dirty. Will show you another day. Caleb has long had 'monkey' and he has 'issews' if Zali so much as breathes on it, so got her own. It is all good now, one each. Caleb brings poodle over for Zali and he has monkey.
  • Zali had immunisation on Friday. She had a nap, we had morning tea (she rubbed vegemite all over her nice trousers), she changed her outfit and we headed off to the doctor's. Three needles this time. She did not cry. Yep, you read it right. She did *not* cry. I wanted to squeeze and hug her so tight cause I was so proud of her, even better that I wasn't crying and it was all good. Straight after I stood her up on my legs and she starts bouncing up and down with a big smile. Lordy! I think she has had some after effects over the afternoon and weekend though, quite miserable at times.
  • Today we moved her cot. She has lived her entire life in our bedroom (and most of that in our bed). Now she likes her cot and is sleeping in there all the time. I figured it was a good time to keep the change going and moved the kids in together. Caleb was very happy to have Zali moving in. Zali had no idea, so I will just assume she was *very* excited! Because it has been over a year having her close to me, in a sad and pathetic way it feels a little like she has moved out of home. Well, I did say pathetic. When they had gone to bed, I went into my room and . . . turned on my lamp and read two pages of an old magazine. I felt rebellious! I haven't turned on my lamp for so long, I wouldn't want to wake the baby. And a magazine? Well, they are always old cause it takes forever for me to get to read them. I think I might have to return to said bedroom and turn on said lamp and read a few more pages of said magazine. I live on the edge! Fingers crossed the first night goes well.

Not sure if that is a total catchup, I have heaps of photos, but there is always another day. Enjoy your day.

No comments: