Thursday, August 16, 2007

First Day Of ...

Kindy! Zali headed off for her first day of kindy at the same child care centre that Caleb attends. She has a new bag, which unintentionally matched her shirt today.



She went ok. They said she played, ate, did normal things. But she got tired, she slept while being nursed . . . but not when she was lowered into the cot. Ooops. I picked her up at 1pm - half day on her first day. She was crying, I think getting overtired, and she had just been put on the ground after a fresh nappy. Uh-oh. Zali went to sleep in the car on the way over to see Janene and Amy. She didn't sleep for a long time but she was definitely brighter when she woke up. What fixed everything was some comfort milk (and/or suck). She was a different child when she had finished. It truly is her most favourite place to be in the whole wide world. At some point it must come to an end. Hmmm.

I got to see Amy's eyes! Egad! She does actually have some! I have only ever seen her sleeping, but I can confirm she does have ownership of two little eyes. Phew.

She is a lovely little package. So tiny. Once your baby has left this newborn stage, it is *so* hard to remember/imagine them being so tiny.

I think her hair is growing. I am thinking she may need a trim by the time she hits one month old. Serious. This girl has some serious hair going on. Can't wait to see a cute little clip in it.

Zali and I headed over to pick up Caleb at kindy. He had a lovely day and was very excited to see us. Zali got a kiss and cuddle. I got a cuddle (ok, I couldn't bend down for a kiss, I am old and brittle remember?!). He was still very cuddley and friendly inside his room, more cuddles and kisses for Zali as I packed up his stuff. It was cute.

We headed across the road and everyone got an icecream at McDonalds. The kids loved them.

Love them? Zali adores them. I think I might only get them cause I love how she looks afterwards. Is this bad of me?


Very tired. We been up since 5am. Better let my head rest on my cushy pillow, it won't be long before 5am rolls around again.

No comments: