Thursday, July 12, 2007

Scrap Royalty

On the June long weekend, there was a big scrapbook convention at the Brisbane Convention Centre. I enjoyed a wonderful two days there. That is right, two days without the kiddies. I felt a little naked without someone hanging on to me. I felt so *naughty* doing something frivilous (sp?) for my own enjoyment. I am a bad girl, spank me. Ooops, wrong channel!

I wanted to do some classes, learn from new people, pick up hints, tips and new ideas. I attended three Making Memories classes, two Basic Grey and one Pink Martini. I had such a great time. The teachers were all American (there were Australian teachers as well, just not the classes I picked) and were fun. This cool chick here (middle) is Margie Romney-Aslett from Making Memories. She is the Creative Director and gets to design all the great products. She rocked. She had fabulous ideas and a cool-dude laid-back attitude. She gave away *heaps* of prizes and the class packs were to the brim with great products. The other cool chick is my friend, Liz. We went together on Sunday, and I went by myself on Monday.


This is Liz and I with Kelly Goree. She works with Basic Grey putting layouts together. Not sure of an official title. The classes were really good, had to keep pace, but the end result was a fantastic layout, a cool little matchbox album and a chipboard album. She only gave one or two prizes away, and I was lucky enough to score one at the last class of the day!



Kim Kesti taught the Pink Martini class. Made a little chipboard-ribbon accordian album. She was bright and fun. However, she called me a redhead? What is with that? Was there bad lighting or am I colour-blind?
Basically I was one of the twits who asks for a photo after the class with teacher. At this sort of convention though, all about photos and memories, well, everyone likes and appreciates the addiction of photo and memory keeping. I fitted right in!

My beautifully pregnant friend, Janene came over for a visit today. She just started maternity leave this week and is catching up with friends while she can. I told her some pointers to remember about hospital. I hope I didn't scare the pants off her, or confuse her to the point of explosion. She bought over some scones, date or fruit. My, they were tasty scones. Fresh, soft and very tasty. Very thoughtful.

Zali is a little off. Not sure if there is a toothy going to start harassing us again or what. I applied some bonjella tonight to see if that helped, she was very restless going to bed. I am guessing tonight might be a little disturbed.

This arvo I organised more photos. I want to visit Harvey Norman with their 15 cent photo for 15 day special, and get a heap printed. When Zali woke up she joined me in the study for a while. Until she started eating paper, or tossing paper in the air, everywhere, it's a spotty kind of day. Ooops, that is a playgroup song!

Caleb was very happy to see me when I picked him up from kindy. We took the detour through Maccas and got him a cheeseburger and milkshake for dinner (mainly cause I wanted a coffee) and got some 50 cent icey-creams. Grandma got brain freeze trying to get rid of the mountain of icey-cream off two of them, one each for Caleb and Zali. They only get a little bit of the good stuff and then crunch on the cone. Caleb ate his well, then passed it back wanting his milkshake. Zali thought it was heaven. She was basically breathing it in - so funny to watch . . . where is a camera when you need it. Hands too I suppose, mine were on the steering wheel. At all times, I promise. By the time we pulled into our driveway, she was kicking her legs and talking away, squashed melted cone sitting pertly on her purple with white dots (read: plain purple, but now showered with smears of white icecream) jumper. I think she was high on sugar! She enjoyed herself very much, so that is most important.

Off to sort some more photos for printing. Enjoy your day. And shout yourself an icey-cream!

No comments: