Monday, July 16, 2007

Deep Breathing

That is what I have done a few times today. Just take a breath. Miss Zali is still sick. Totally. Miserable. As for the daytime, today has been worst so far.

It all started with high temperatures and no energy on Friday night. She got lots of cuddles and attention, she was very sleepy but had trouble shutting off.

Saturday wasn't too bad, until the late afternoon and high temperatures came back. She slept awful that night, I was awake for ages trying to settle her and when I did sleep it was continually broken trying to make sure she was alright, covered with blankets, comfortable, etc. I was up at the normal 5am to go to the markets after not long getting back to sleep. Zali slept in till 10.30am!

She has the sad, sick, watery type eyes. Sunday was pretty miserable, and she was very upset in the evening and would not sleep unless I was cuddling or feeding her. Again high temperatures kept her company. The night dose of Panadol was brought up, she didn't get the pain relief she needed. We spent a lot of time trying to get asleep. Two or three times during the night she woke up and cried and cried, she was in pain. She was up early this morning, and still had a high temperature.

We got to the doctors at 11.30am. Nothing. Everything checked out ok. Nothing he could put it down to. Great?!% I was worried it was another ear infection, but they are pink and healthy. He said there is a chance of a urinary tract infection, but it is hard to check on little girls. Great?!% If nature takes its course and she improves, then yippee. Otherwise I have a backup script for anti-biotics.

I am thinking that we will get little sleep tonight, and I will be filling that script. She cried and cried and tossed and turned and whinged ALL afternoon. She is totally miserable and making the rest of us this way. I feel so bad that she is not well, but when it goes on and on, it is *very* tiring and wears me down. When she tosses about in pain or misery, it takes a lot of work to keep her balanced and not flipping back onto the ground. My lower back is acheing.

Right now, I am taking a break. I need a break for my sanity. I can hear her being upset, she is with Daddy, Caleb and Grandma. She has lasted for a little while ok, but she must be getting tired and wanting Mummy again.

Tell me, when you are stressed, tired and/or miserable, are you the type to eat . . . or not? I am the type that eats, and all day I have wanted to eat. I have tried to keep a lid on it, but the constant crying from a sick little girl (and at times her mother) makes me head toward the cupboard to see what is lonely and wanting to be eaten.

If you are going to answer with 'no, i *so* can't think about food with I am stressed, tired and/or miserable' then leave now. While you still have all your limbs. I *totally* don't want to be your friend right now. (Maybe tomorrow though, so don't go too far!)

Talking about food .....

Have you seen Dippin Dots?



It is icecream! We had to try it when we were at the Crackerjack Festival at Carina in June. We tried some snickers flavour and something else. Oh yum! They melt in your mouth. It was yummy and fun to eat. If you ever see it, you should try it. They had heaps of flavours.


Better go and make my cup of tea, I think I better take this sad little girl to bed. I think it will be a long time before either of us gets to sleep.
Big hug to you . . . because I need it back.

1 comment:

Liz Weber said...

Gail so sorry to hear poor Zali is sick again/still. Very scary, frustrating and tiring for you both and for everyone. It's so hard to soothe them when you don't know what has them so upset.

I hope you guys get some "good" sleep and rest and hope your cupboards are not bare yet ;-)

Hope to see you on Wednesday but if not I will know why.

Take care and you know where I am :-)