Sunday, July 8, 2007

Last few days been busy. Friday there was an email from one of my favourite scrapbook shops, they were having a 25% off everything sale. Cha-Ching! I thought I might venture out for a drive and visit their actual shop at Caboolture. I loaded Zali in the car (who was due for a sleep) and off we went.

Zali slept all the way, and I even sat behind a slow truck so she could sleep a little longer. I gave her lunch, and in we went. She lasted about 2.5 minutes before getting cross at being trapped in the pram, when there was so much exploring to do. In between looking at the products, I was trying to pacify her with attention. I would cuddle her or she would play with wrapped ribbons and my sunnies, or crawl after me if I made a quick getaway to the supplies while she wasn’t looking. She also had some mummy milk. By the time we got through it all, we were leaving the premises at 2.45pm! Oh my!

Traffic was already starting to build on the Gateway, and the bridge itself was a crawl to get over. Zali had another sleep, and we scooted past kindy and got Caleb.

It was afternoon tea time, and all the kids sat down and ate cruskets with vegemite or cream cheese. When they are finished they can go and play. Most kids had 1 or 2 and ran off to play. Caleb was still sitting there with his hand up wanting a third crusket. Must have been a hard day at kindy!

After the kids went to bed, I sat in the study and just played with my new scrapbooking goodies. Just nice to touch and hold. I was too tired to do anything with them.

Saturday we decided to go to Toowoomba for the day. Firstly to Telfer’s to see the family and had a yummy lunch of home-cooked pasties and sausage rolls. My sister-in-law Teagan informed me they were made with low fat pastry. So, like, doesn’t that mean I can eat double the amount? No? Hmmm. It was Nannie’s birthday last Tuesday, 3 July – she got a nice navy recliner chair.

The kids had a nice play with Nannie, Pop, Uncle Kewy (Kelly), Aunty Teagan and Uncle Awex (Alex). Caleb ran straight into the clothesline and had to come up for a cuddle. Zali attacked a pot plant and had that red dirt all through her nails.

After that we scooted out to Crows Nest to see the Adams. When we arrived, Uncle David and Finn were just going for a walk down the backyard, Aunty Sheree was baking muffins (chocolate chip marble – do they sound low fat low calorie and healthy? *surely!*) and Campbell was sleeping. It will be my sister Sheree’s birthday on Tuesday, 10 July, and we got a pamper voucher for her favourite hairdresser. Very noice.

The four children had a lovely play together, mostly everyone was nice and behaved. Caleb and Campbell loved jumping on the trampoline, Finn liked being chased and Zali preferred to have cuddles. Twas quite cool, but nice.



We had dinner, the kids had baths, and we packed up and left. The kids drifted off to sleep listening to the Wiggles. We stopped at McDonald’s, Gatton to get a coffee. We needed some help to warm up and keep me awake, man it was a big day! Got home just before 10pm, and basically straight to bed.

Mum and I were up at 5am this morning to go to the markets. Heaps of fresh food and meat on the list. I really think a sleep is on the cards today, I am too old for all this action. I hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend!

1 comment:

Jill said...

too old for all this - oh my goodness! I need a sleep after reading about it all! Take care and isn't your princess growing up quick.
Just Jill x