Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ride

Monday I must have been smoking something. I decided to brave the shops with the kids. Hmpf. First shop Zali starts whingeing cause she is ready for a sleep. I strap her to me and rock her to sleep. Caleb lasts a little while, then I bribe him with a little Hot Wheels car to play with.

Turned out not too bad, didn't accomplish much, but the kids had a 'ride' each. Zali had a ride in a trolley (I know, not that exciting), and Caleb . . .


well, Caleb got to ride in the Big Red Car! How exciting! Not by the look on his face, that is for sure. As soon as it started moving, he dropped his bottom lip and had a puzzled look on his face. When I teased him about it, he would smile at me. Who knows what goes through the mind of a three year old boy in a cool red car?


Tuesday we had playgroup and we took out some leftover party food to share. Tuesday afternoon the kids drove me bonkers. Oh, and I also realised that it was photo day at kindy. I realised one hour too late. Devastated would be the best describing word.

Today Caleb enjoyed another day at Little School. Everything is going really really well. He waltzes in, excited about the day ahead. He is happy to see the teachers, happy to run over to the computer, happy to be there. He jumped on a little trampoline, threw me a wave and a 'bye Mum' and continued on his merry way. When I picked him up in the afternoon, he was sitting on his computer, next to the teacher on his computer, having a ripper time. The teachers tell me he is used to the routines now and is telling them the routine if things are going to slowly. I am very happy that he settled in quickly and is liking his Little School.

Zali and I went to playgroup around the corner this morning. It was us, Liz and Sabrina, and Shan and Paige. We had a good old gas bag, and the three girls had a nice quiet play. Ok, Zali wanted to eat anything from the garden or anything in her path, but that is all part of her learning. After our lunch, she had a big sleep in the cot - great stuff. I got to play with my scrapbooking . . . yippee!

I am working on a little album for Zali's birthday. I also have another two albums lined up ready for some attention, plus another few projects in the pipeline. I need some more hours in the day, just to devote to scrapbooking. I think that is a necessity in life.

We had some lasagne and salad for dinner tonight. What did you have?

1 comment:

Jill said...

time for scrappin - yeah, would be nice to have more of that. Oh, we had lasagne too! spooky