Monday, July 9, 2007

Not impressed. Not impressed at all. The big catalogue sales. Is it just to suck you in. Is it just so you buy more and/or different stuff? Does it also give you the crankies?

The Big W toy sale started last Thursday. Not sure if it lasts one week or two. I think everything I wanted is gone. I visited on Sunday and had a browse - the toys nearly take over the whole shop! It is quite overwhelming, especially when you have no idea where to start to look for the things you want. There isn't a rhyme or reason in organisation, so I think it is pot luck if you stumble across your desired purchase. After trampsing down numerous aisles and back again, I realised that heaps have been sold and I am looking at leftovers! Not impressed.

Today I went back with my two angels ($%!) armed with a new list. Yep, nothing. Not impressed. I bought some other stuff though, mostly crafty things to play with the kids. Actually some of the things I don't want to share, I think I would appreciate them much more. Must I share, really? Like, a really cool colouring book with invisible pens. You colour, and after a short wait the colour appears! Loving that. It is hard to keep in the lines when you can't see where you have already coloured, that is a trick I will have to work on.

Hmm, this shopping trip, is that mission accomplished for me . . . or the Big W shareholders?

Haven't been to KMart yet to check them out, but I hear differing stories about their stock. Need to go to check out little cars. For little boys.

Okey, need to do a few jobs so I am leaving you with some old photos. How cute! These were the days when I could take Caleb to work (for a one-off contract) and he would lay on the floor playing with toys, and be charming. He would have some milk, and nod off to sleep. The cycle would be repeated and we would head home. It was a breeze.



However this morning at Carindale? Well, Carindale Shopping Centre is swahilli for 'Caleb's big playground' I have found out. He stood tall at the front of the trolley like Leo Decap in Titanic and pretty much behaved while shopping for Huggies nappies on sale (yahoo!) and then after his Bertie Beetle, he 'mummy out now'. Well, out he did. He loves to explore and run. And not watch where he is going. I think at one point he played peek-a-boo in the aisles in Big W and used a roll of wrapping paper as his light saber with some Luke Skywalker moves.

Oh they grow too fast!

1 comment:

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Gail - just love those baby photos of Caleb - what a cutie pie.

We braved the Kmart Toy Sale and got a few toys for the kids and Sabrina got a new trike.

I really love your story telling skills - I just so look forward to popping in here to check out what you guys have been up to.

Love the story of Caleb running around like Luke Skywalker with his light saber. And doesn't it scare you when they stand up in the troller with no regards to your fears of them falling out LOL

Hope to see you and Zali tomorrow and hope Caleb is loving his new "school".