Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday

One thing I do need to do is work out how to photograph my scrap pages better. Anyhoo, I finished three challenges from the two Cybercrops over the weekend.

First one was the sketch challenge for Crafting in Style. I love the colours for this one, plus I hand sewed for the first time on a layout! The chipboard title has a sewn border of turquoise thread. It was fun and quiet relaxing to do. Will definitely be doing more sewing. The cheeky photo of Zali was during a little photoshoot of her birthday clothes. She was 12 months old - gee her hair has gotten a lot curlier in six months.


This 'Love' page was the first challenge at Scrapbook Savvy. You had to scrap about the things you love and use products - something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. I sat down just before to do this (thankfully their uploads go until midnight tonight!) while Zali was asleep, and the light blew in the office. Grrr. So I grabbed a few things and scrapped this on the kids blue plastic Ikea table. Actually, I must have done it quick cause she still is asleep! Yay. This is a photo from May 2006 when little Finn was a new baby. Awwwww.


For challenge three you had to make a small Valentines Day gift using recycled packaging. I used a small plastic box that held white rub-ons. I covered it and made 8 cards with different reasons why I love that big hunk of grumpy called Adrian.



Very happy to get a few things done. Was aiming to complete the whole six challenges, but yesterday I was a little unmotivated and played around on the computer and had a nap and breakfast with my cute friend Kerry.

The kids came home mid afternoon and walked straight in to find a wee present. Grandma and I found dolly strollers at the markets for $2 each. Hey big spender! Grandma set them up with their favourite doll each, and they love them! Both the kids do circles around the house and follow each other if they 'stroll' into another room. Caleb has been using both hands and does really well holding on to the handles.

I think I might have time for a cup of tea before my princess wakes up and my prince comes home on the school bus. Love your Monday!

No comments: