Tuesday, December 1, 2009

On the First Day of Christmas

my true love up and went at 6am for an out-of-town job. Hmmpf. Grandma left before 7am for her job.

Tra-la-la-la-laaa, la-la-la-laaa.

I was left with 3 loads of washing, 3 hungry mouths and 3 cuddles-in-waiting who were all wanting to go first. I hadn't even got myself showered yet.

Got Zali to kindy about 9.30am when everyone was just sitting down for morning tea - good timing Mummy!

Got Caleb and Griff to CP League Skills for School/Playgroup Xmas Party 2009 right on 10am, phew . . . made it!

Annabelle, the Early Childhood Teacher extraordinaire, had set up the room with activities, toys galore and a craft table. I wanted to play with the craft stuff, but I resisted.

Morning tea was a rippa with Christmas food and a nice cup of tea.

A chime of bells echoed down the hall and this rockin Santa came to visit and deliver some cool presents to the kids . . .

When Santa called out for Caleb, he had a look of fear in his eyes and wanted me to accompany him. I had my trusty little picture-taking-device in hand and didn't want to sway from my good vantage point. Vicki (the Speechie) was able to walk him up, where he then proceeded to through himself up on Santa's lap - he was comfortable pretty quickly, all hesitation evaporated.



Being a good big brother, Caleb tried to 'carry' Griff up to Santa (again Vicki was able to help?!) for his turn and Caleb willingly jumped upon Santa's other knee - basking in present heaven. Griff wasn't exactly liking it and the bottom lip dropped. I don't think he liked the rest of the crowd all looking at him, but he warmed fast and sat on his designated knee holding the present with his little legs crossed.


Santa had a present for Zali. She opened it up when she got home from kindy. A cute My Little Pony with long luscious hair ready for the brushing - including a tiny hair dryer and an assortment of clips. It was a hit straight away. She took it to bed tonight.


Griffy got a bath basketball toy and Caleb got a flippin car (which had thoughtfully been loaded with batteries (thanks Annabelle!) and a policeman with motorbike (and a tiny walkie-talkie and speed camera!)

We have gotten two Christmas cards on this first day of December. (Crikey - some people are very organised!)

No comments: