Thursday, December 3, 2009

On the Third Day

the kids were up *before* 5am and ready to decorate the tree. Egad.

I let them do it on their own. There was no way my anal-ness (is that a word?) was going to be able to share the job - I decided for my own sanity to just let. them. do. it. Egad.

I set them up with a chair each and handed over the decorations. The biggest rule: only the top half to be decorated! This is the norm for our tree over the recent years . . . to keep all those little terrorist fingers away from the eye candy.



They were pretty chuffed with their handiwork. When I inspected (there was only one bauble within Griffy-reaching distance!) I noticed that each side of the tree had a 'collection' of items . . .obviously the reaching part of the equation wore thin quite quickly.


Snapshot of a half decorated tree. Tinsel you say? It drives me a little nuts. Or should I say the little bits laying everywhere after it gets dragged around the house or worn as a necklace or used as a tug-of-war rope. Maybe when they are teen-ragers we can invest in tinsel. Maybe.


Note: twas only the afternoon when there was a disagreement (with one of my *favourite* decorations) and a breakage. Gasp. Sigh. Sniff.

No comments: