Friday, December 4, 2009

On the Fourth Day of Christmas

two kidlets had 'sick eyes' and stayed home. Egad. Friday is a one-kid-day normally. The little miss brought home sick eyes from kindy and gave it to bubby Biff. He seems to have suffered more though and looks very sad. They both *do not* like the drops and I nearly have to wedge open their eyelids with toothpicks to get a fragment of medicated drops anywhere near the eyeball.

Next to the chemist was this little beauty in a window. I got one and some kids stickers and I also got me a stubbon little tired girl who wanted to push me to the limit. Sigh. Thankfully they both went to sleep in the car (for a little while).

I had fun putting this up (its just inside our front door to give us a bright and Christmassy greeting awwwww) but straight is something that defies me.


Caleb has gotten some really cool presents in the last few days. Today he got a water colour painting book. Nice! I haven't played with water colours for ages. He had a bit of a go and then moved on to decorating a painted Christmas tree that needed finishing. When I was able to shove them out the door to play in the backyard (oops did I say shove?) I grabbed an easy page and had a go. I have never been good at painting - huge problems keeping the paint brush under control and perhaps a little too shakey. What a cool present though. The hard thing will be keeping it safe from Zali.


Friday evenings seem to go way too quickly.

No comments: