Saturday, April 5, 2008

Stuck

Adddrrrrriiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

What?

Help me I am stuck!

Adrian appears in the doorway to the 'toy room' to find me half way in one door and half way out of the other door of . . . . Caleb's Thomas the Tank Engine tent.

Please don't try to build this picture in your mind, that would even be *more* embarrassing. You see, to get down and dirty (so to say) with the kids - it was raining outside - I thought we could sit in the tent, play cubbies and sing songs. Good idea Mum, you certainly are Mother of the Year!

You know what I have learned from the experience? I am *much* bigger than the children. The tent is *much* smaller on the inside. The tent has two 'doors' that are not equal in size.

I managed to squeeze myself in the front door, and like leeches the kids were all over me, giggling thinking that was the greatest thing ever. Or maybe they were giggling cause they knew I wouldn't be able to get out. How does a giant ogre removed itself from the pea pod it has gotten stuck in?

I figured I'd had enough of bending my neck against the soft roof. I'd had enough of being elbowed in my soft parts. The cat was now showing interest in wanting to join us inside the tiny mouse-hole called a tent. Right, I will slide sneakily out the side door!

So with my legs pointed straight out the front door, my head and shoulders out the side door, kids still climbing over me (ow!), Adrian walks in to find me wedged and unable to move. At this point I couldn't help but laugh and say 'Help me - I am stuck'. He laughed, then the kids (and probably cat) start laughing cause of the hysterics of it all. May I point out they were definitely laughing at me, not with me. And the sneaky escape route? Not so.

You see, I figured out a smidge too late that the side door is smaller than the front door. Probably a smidge bit later I realised that perhaps this is indeed intended for children, being a children's toy and all. They don't get stuck. Be it shoulders or hips.

I think the Mother of the Year award will be, erm, amended. Twit of the Year? Nutbag of the Year? I better make it an early night, I think I have tent-burn marks on my shoulders and hips. It is a wonder I don't need stitches.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I wonder if the roles where reversed if you would have taken a pic of Adrian for scrappin' purposes??? I sure would have. Love JJx

Terri B said...

Ok Gail...Im sorry but I built the picture in my mind & have roared my head off!!! Too funny!!!

I reckon you are mum of the year to have gotten in the tent to start with....awesoem thing to do with the kids.

Liz Weber said...

LOL Gail - now I won't be able to think of Thomas without thinking of you - oh what I would have given to be there. And why did Adrian NOT take a photo!!!!!

Thanks so much for the giggles and giggles and giggles.