Thursday, April 10, 2008

Gee

Going to bed at 11pm last night I checked on the kids. Caleb just needed his sheet and doona pulled up, and Zali was laying on the floor next to her trundle. Great.

I picked her up and placed on her bed, and then neither of us got more than a sniff of sleep until after 3am. She was cranky, whingey, tired, unsettled ... I don't know if it is teeth, if she is just cranky or starting to get a cold. Or maybe all of the above.

About 12.30pm the husband came in to check and proceeded to get Vicks BabyBalsam and Bonjella. I applied both and then my turn to walk on the cold tiles in the kitchen.

Poor Caleb had been disturbed by the noise of Zali and wanted me to lay with him - I wanted to check he was ok and still covered. Husband went and slept next to him, on the trundle, so he ended up with company.

We had half of one ml of Panadol for Zali. Crap! I had to use Caleb's, which means 4ml for her, and she is not great with medicine. Up the stairs I stumble with her water bottle, a banana in case she was hungry and the Panadol. We had every base covered. She wasn't too bad taking the medicine, skulled the water and had half the banana.

Eventually we could lay down, but she had to chose the position and make sure it was very comfortable for her and totally killed every muscle in my body trying to keep her happy. I wanted the rest of the house to get some sleep. These are the nights that never end. These are the nights you don't want to share your bed with anyone. These are the nights . . . that suck.

2 comments:

Terri B said...

Your right Gail, they are the nights that suck! Then again one little smile or a I Love You Mummy & it is all better.

Chin up chicky...Motherhood is the best ride of them all!

xoxoxo

Liz Weber said...

LOL Gail hope you survive tonight and just remember to breathe.

Just love the previous post with the gorgeous unit from Ikea - I have my eye on those as well. I hope mine come with chocolate too lol.

Hope to see you soon.