Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Easter, Kindy and Garlic

For Easter we bought some new shelves. Not real big on chocolate (husband not that fussed, it makes me sick, kids don't really need it - and while they are young and don't complain, we are going with it) so there was only a smidge of chocie. Loving our new shelves - there are actually two of what you see below. I made this one, and husband made the second later in the day. Husband and I got a few chocies, scratchies and movie tickets. The kids got chocies, clothes and slippers. All very lovely and very appreciated.

Caleb was up first and dying to try on his Wiggles shirt and Wiggles slippers. Zali drifted down after a while and went straight to scoring the chocolate.

The chocolate went down well, surprise surprise! Chomping in to that used-to-be-bunny.
Does she look like she is smoking this? I think those are eyes filled with pleasure.

This photo I think is cute. Not sure exactly why, it isn't fantastic in any photographical means, I just like seeing her as is. Maybe cause she doesn't have hair since the hairdresser slashed it.

The first day at her new kindy. It went very well, she very much likes to play outside in this little house. She is putting on a 'dramatic moment' these days ... just for me. She gets upset when I take a step away to prepare for exit, and she is clingy and teary. Which lasts approximately 3.7 seconds after I am gone. She totally works me.

Last Wednesday they were all in the little people's outside area dancing and singing and having a great time. There were smiles on all faces and Zali was very happy. This girl loves to dance and groove to the music. It took 1.2 milliseconds from when she saw me coming through the gates to change to her 'oh, what have you put me through' tears and tragedy.... Until I pick her up for a cuddle. All is well and she has gotten her way. Again, she totally works me.



I am a walking talking chunk of garlic. It is seeping out of my eyes, ears, hair follicles and belly boken. We stopped into the Coffee Club not far from home while picking up a few necessities from Coles. I ordered garlic bread as part of the tucker, how can you go wrong with garlic bread? Holy cow, Batman.

There was a little bit of bread and butter to accompany the WHOLE JAR OF GARLIC!

Initially we thought it was melted cheese, there was so much. After staring at it for several days, I thought, I might wipe some garlic off. You know how you get those bottles of minced garlic - it was that, and she layered with a shovel. No, a bulldozer. I scraped off enough loose garlic to feed the entire rugby fraternity.

The funny part was seeing Caleb's face change when he lowered his jaws around the piece. He didn't actually bite, I think the flavour hit him before his lips connected with the bread. He was nearly gagging (which was a little, smidge, I shouldn't really laugh, bit funny). I tried to be tough and had three bites. When my eyes started rolling back into my skull, I decided to take it up and say there was a little bit too much garlic and the bread was inedible. I cannot imagine that someone would actually eat *that* *much* *garlic*.

Stupidly I didn't accept the refund (I didn't really like to complain) and he said he would have another out in five minutes. Oh lord! I started scrapping again. We did eat it, it truly wasn't as bad as the first lot, but we have morphed into chunks of human garlic. No vampires around here tonight. Or for the next week!

1 comment:

Terri B said...

Ok..I am roaring my head of with laughter here Gail! Your a hoot chicky!

At least with the garlic cloves that you are now the flu wont get you...thats a bonus.

Loving the photos of the kidlets, especially missy moo in the house at kindy........so cute!