Tuesday, October 2, 2007

No Coffee

Adrian and Zali drove to Toowoomba Sunday lunchtime. Cause it was too big of a drive for Zali to turn around and come back, they stayed for dinner and bath and drove home at night. Arrived home safely around 8.30pm. Zali went from sleeping in the car to sleeping in the cot, all good. Caleb went from just woke up in the car to mummy lying in his bed to get him back to sleep. When I thought all was good I snuck out. Minutes later he was beside me and said 'let's go downstairs'.

Downstairs we go to watch some television. He sat clinging to me for ages. Numerous times we thought he was asleep and he would turn around and look at us. He was tired but needed some cuddles and reassurance from Mummy. Least he didn't have a huge cry, like previous times when he is away from me. It is like he suddenly realises that Mummy hasn't been there, and he lets it all out. This was a bit better, but Monday he was still tired and was pushing the boundaries. He spent more time in his room for undesirable behaviour than ever before, but about time the threats are continuously followed through. Evening bath turned manic with both of them tired and . . . well, lets move on, shall we.

Monday was a nice day though. Janene and Amy came over in the morning. Janene was looking stunning, glowing with happiness and truly loving being a Mummy. Amy had grown and was sticking her skinny little neck up. Always nice to have bubby cuddles. When they left, Caleb kept asking 'where is Amy?'

In the afternoon we met Ida and Macey down at the spaceship park. Otherwise known as the Carindale Recreation Reserve. The kids had a lovely play and feed. They were totally filthy. The bark is dirty and messy and Zali might as well have dived in and swam through it. She was covered, but having a good time. Caleb plodded around and played with some other kids. Macey crawled all over the place, investigating and chewing a few pieces of bark. After a banana snack we all went home. Ida is back at work today, first day back from maternity leave and turning up for two days a week. I won't say working, she might be doing coffee and biscuits more so! he he. Hope your first day went well Ida!

The kids went all nasty around dinner and bath time, then Zali was in bed and Caleb not long after. Thankfully we could sit in peace and watch Home and Away. I need to watch all this week because something bad is going to happen between Alf and Sally. Can't miss it!

Right now Zali is at kindy and Caleb is asleep. This is the first Tuesday for Zali, we are trying two days a week and she how she settles. Caleb and I went to his normal playgroup. There weren't many there so he was bored. On the way home we discussed going to the 'big shops' (Carindale) and having a haircut, then sitting down at Maccas for lunch. I wanted to try something from Sumo Salad. Yep, all good, he was happy. We drove past home and got some money and headed over to Carindale.

I was excited, how nice, just the two of us hanging out. Quick painless haircut, sit down and eat and watch the exciting happenings going on around. Oh maybe I would have a latte also! This is going to be a great day, I thought.

Enter Mr-I-don't-want-a-haircut-now and the tides turn. He digs his heels in and no longer wants a haircut. Did I mention he looks like a cross between Crusty the Clown and a golliwog? His curls are so long the ringlets could strangle an adult, and it is so thick and bushy. I try and persuade and bribe and threaten. He squirms and fights and kicks his feet around. The young girl stands there, with too much attitude for my liking, and says 'if he moves I could cut him or myself'. Good on you, love, you are a great help.

We move away from the dodgy little salon to some nearby seats. We sit there for what seems like forever. I told Caleb he cannot move until he gets a haircut. He can't sit on the other chair, he can't dance on the mat, he can't have his apple or walk or run or see anything. Nothing is happening until he gets a haircut. Two options: you can have a haircut, we go and sit down together and have a nice lunch or we go home and you will go straight to your room. He tried to get out of both options for a while, then I put my foot down. Make your choice. Ok, so we going home. I start walking and he starts stomping his feet and letting out a slight moan. I wait, he whinges, last chance to make a choice. Right off we go. Second tanty takes place. Holding hands we then exit the centre and ride three travelators to the car. He has mini tanty's before each one. In the car, no Wiggles playing, no talking.

Home, I take his packed lunch to his room, along with his water. Do not leave this room until I say. And I want quiet. And I walked off and watched Oprah and ate my lunch. When I checked on him he was asleep. Other than feeling stupid myself with the whole scenario, I am shatted off that I missed out on a bought lunch and coffee. It wasn't even a fantastic Oprah episode.

Nearly time to go pick up my little girl. Fingers crossed she had a better day.

I hope to post some more photos soon, I just need Adrian to stop stuffing around with his computer so I can plug in the cord to download the camera. There is an issue with my machine and the cord. My machine must have the attitude of a three year old boy, u-huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gail, I couldn't help but laugh!!! You write these blogs so well and I love reading them...I get excited when I see you have done a new episode. It's great!
Caleb, your so cute!!!!
And Zali, a princess in the making, just like your mummy :)