Saturday, September 29, 2007

Walking

Zali is walking. As of today. In the past week she started to do a few steps between Grandma and I, as we called to her. It was all a bit of a game, she would dive when she was close to us to be caught and cuddled. In the past few days she started pushing 'things' around the house; her Dora car, the activity station or her little trike.

Today when we had the gorgeous Mel and Brent visiting we were showing them her new 'skill'. She did more and more walking, getting braver and braver. By the end of the night she was standing and walking and clapping (herself) all the time. She is loving it and is mighty proud. So are we. She still likes to take a dive at me/her lounge/carpet, just for fun.

I knew it was coming, but it happened quick. On Thursday talking to my sweet friend Kerry, she said 'in a week she'll be walking!' I said 'yeah', but actually thought, man she has been walking for so long hanging on to things, I don't think she will ever let go permanently and do little walkies. Kerry was right!

The first wobbly jerky steps are. just. so. cute! I am unable to download my camera at the moment, but I did get a couple of (bad) shots today. Sadly I didn't get any from during the week cause I couldn't hold the camera and catch her! Hopefully tomorrow I will take her outside and see if she will work for the camera.

She also had an easy day without Caleb. She got some time and space to move and trip and walk without being shadowed. It is so exciting, can't wait for tomorrow!

Talking about Caleb, he is currently in Toowoomba staying at Nan & Pop's place. Zali and I drove him up on Friday. Dad is going to get him tomorrow afternoon.

We were very happy to meet with Sheree, Campbell and Finn at McDonald's on Ruthven Street. The kids were excited to see each other, and had a lovely play at the McDonald's playground. Caleb asked 'where's Daysid?' I replied 'Uncle David is at work today'. When I hear him say 'Daysid' I think of a Daisy. We had lunch, made a mess with ice cream cones, and finished off with another little adventure at the playground. I did ask for kid size cones, but the lad filled them up pretty high. Poor Sheree had to hoover down some ice cream from each of the cones so they were manageable for the kids. She did an honourable job, I don't think she got brain freeze but I am sure her eyes watered a little from so much cold so quickly!

We said goodbye and headed out to Telfer's shed. Caleb got comfortable pretty quickly and Zali was tired. After half an hour or so, (then having to grovel to get a goodbye cuddle and kiss from Caleb) Zali and I headed back to Brisbane. It was a long day. I was falling asleep on the way home, but cause Zali was having a sleep and not wanting to wake her, I kept driving. Sheesh.

The kids did go to kindy on Thursday. Thankfully Zali woke up well, her eyes looking good, so both were piled in the car and off they went. It was really nice to have a few hours to myself. I picked them up early afternoon, where Zali's carer said 'She's a real mummy's girl, isn't she!' A-huh, story of my life!

Kerry and I had decided to pick the kids up early and head across the road to McDonald's for an ice cream (hmm, this is starting to sound like a habit, this ice cream business). Caleb, Zali, Kerry and Riley enjoyed their cone. I had a decaf coffee (erk! Not again, they are yuck!). The kids had a play at the playground, running around like crazies. Happy Anniversary on this day for Kerry and Damien. They were lucky enough to have Riley looked after so they could enjoy a dinner out. Hopefully we helped tire him out so he was a quiet and tired little boy in the evening.

To finish I need to send my best wishes and love to Liz! It was her birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Lizee! The lucky duck spent her day at the paper crafts festival at Exhibition Grounds, doing a class and buying lots of nice goodies. That is a pretty cool birthday!

Time for some play for me now. Just a little, still tired and up early as usual for the markets in the morning. Least with Caleb being with NannyPop (that is what he calls them), he won't be coming in at 4.50am asking to come to the marskets. Have a sleep in, Caleb!

Love to all.

P.S. I just viewed this post to have a check before I hit publish, and it is too long to check right now. If I have made any mistakes, please forgive me. Oh, and sorry it is long, hope I don't bore you. Actually, if you have gotten down here, good on you! Full of stamina, you are! I'm off to play.

No comments: