Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mixed Bag

Alright. I have lots of photos to share. Been busy over last few days so I will just start at the beginning.

Friday morning Zali and I visited Janene and Amy (and Angus and Kadey the spoodles). I didn't get fantastic shots, here I was holding Amy with one hand and balancing the camera with the other. My shakey hands need two hands for stability - oops. She is still so little, I keep expecting to see her bigger. I have no idea why, but it is fine that she stays little. It is so lovely to hold and cuddle her!



We went to Caleb's Little School for lunch. They had a Cultural Day and families were invited. They had decorations and entertainment and kids. It was enclosed and vibrated off the walls! They had heaps of food from other countries. Sushi, lasagne, hot dogs, a greek spinach pie thing, meat pies, croissants, asian food, curries, and things I wouldn't know the name of. It was great! And don't forget sweeties . . . pavlova, an assortment of sweets from other countries that, again, I wouldn't know the name of, and a totally to-die-for greek vanilla slice thing. Oh my gawd! I could have dived into a vat of that dish and died happy. It was made my Caleb's teacher's mother. Will have to include her on the Christmas card list!

With people everywhere, no where handy to park the pram and two lumps (kids) perched on my lap as I sat on the concrete, it was not an ideal situation for me to take photos. Damn. Caleb enjoyed himself, Zali enjoyed herself, it was great seeing everyone and it was a lovely function. The food was great and we were all very looked after. All good. Zali and I left and Caleb came home on the bus as normal.

This is him when he got home, since I can't share anything from Cultural Day.

I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea with Mel. Hanging and chatting is great, isn't it? She even helped me feed my little hungry monsters. Thank you Mel!


Saturday morning bright and early we were in the car and heading to Toowoomba. We visited to celebrate Teagan and Alex's birthdays. They don't *exactly* like having their photo taken, but here they are. I believe Alex described it like this . . . 'it looks like I am going to eat her'. . .

We had a nice weekend. Caleb had lots of people to play with (so he was in heaven), Zali played and got dirty, Adrian slept and I got to read some of my magazine. Debbie did a great job with dinner, Teagan helped too, and the boys cooked the meat on the BBQ. I ate spring rolls. I am sure Teagan said I only ate two. I am sure. Zali ate her first spring roll. She was quite taken.


The cake was yummy. An icecream cake from Cold Rock. White chocolate and Ferrero Rocher icecream with Tim Tam mixed through. Every bit of it was edible, except the black line around the outside, that was the dish!


To check if indeed it was all edible, Teagan touched it. Because she did, Caleb had to as well, and stuck his finger in the cake. Well . . . if you can do it!


Little Miss Fast Fingers was somehow allowed near the cake. Here is the evidence of her fast handy work.



Last one is just for fun. Pop was also taking photos of the cake proceedings, and Caleb thinks if he sticks his face right in your camera and says cheese, he is helping you to get a great photo! He had just done that, thought of himself as funny, and was moving on to his next bit of mischief. At least he makes himself laugh.


There are more photos from when we visited Sheree, David, Campbell and Finn. I will do them tomorrow, see you then!

No comments: