Sunday, September 9, 2007

Snack?

I need your help. What are good nutritious snacks? Anything that is quick, travels well, isn't too messy . . . .

Since Zali is getting a lot less breastmilk now, she is eating more. This comes to a shock to me! I know, and I am responsible for children, oops. I think that I wasn't really thinking that the milk was nourishing her as much as comforting her. Obviously it was.

So I want to try different things to see how the kids like them, and I would really love some fresh ideas. Would you help me please? Did I mention minimal preparation time? You see, if they can eat it faster than I can make it, it won't last long cause Mummy will get grumpy!

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gail :)
Im having the same issues with Macey. Macey has *cruskits with cheese & avo on top,
*fruit salad...finely chopped, although not sure if Zali can have that can she? poor darl is she still getting her rashes when she touches fruit?
*vegemite sangers into small cubes,
*sultanas & dried apricots
oh she does eat these apricot bar thingies too? sultanas
*mini quiches
*crackers
She just wants to eat what im eating. Would love to know what ideas you get :)
I think she is getting bored with my food.
Oky dok, better go alk to you soon :)

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Gail, so glad Zali went well at "kindy" last week YAY for Zali. I do hope you don't go stressing out too much the whole time she is away ;-)

You already know my fav "snack" and have tried it but the other ones I could suggest would just be more savoury muffins - corn, cheese, carrot, mixed veges, banana, apple - they are really quick and easy and tasty.

Have you tried making pies with left over dinner?? Like pasta meat pies (just mini ones - you just use mini muffin trays), left over chicken always makes great pies???

Good luck with the snacks.
Hope to see you and Zali on Wednesday :-)

Jill said...

Hey Girlfriend!

Catie loves basil and cheese muffins - recipe compliments of Deb. I will email the recipe to you. But, the mini quiches are a close 2nd. I just use puff pastry, bacon, cheese, chives and egg and milk (guestimate amounts). You can use the muffin tins for these too.
Chat soon - Jillx
PS. I got me a cuttlebug.