Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Them

Cripes what a week (note to self: it ain't over yet!). We haven't left the house due to Zali's conjunctivitis. It is much better tonight and my fingers are crossed she wakes up all better. Tomorrow is kindy. Thank the lord. Thank. The. Lord.

Caleb has been a bit stir crazy. And annoying. I do feel sorry for him, wanting some action and excitement and we can't do much with a sick sister. He is loving his swing and outside play, and DVD's.

Today I loved my bed. My turn to be sick. I felt awful in the stomach, weak, head was spacey (different to normal spacey I mean!) and very dizzy. Constant dizziness actually. Moving my head was difficult. Adrian stayed home from work and looked after the kids. I spent most of the day in bed, I had a sleep for 2.5 hours. Nice. Feeling a little like I been hit by a truck with no obvious bruising.

Oh, did you hear about that poor little child being bashed by his father. This totally makes me sick. That the child had just been returned to the family from foster care is more heartbreaking. He only had a short life but it was obviously a rough one. I honestly cannot fathom how anyone could do this to another person, let alone a toddler. What a tragedy. Disgusting, pathetic tragedy.

Other than being sick, Zali is turning into a little girl. Very much losing all baby-ness and is becoming a little person. It is really nice. She is taking a few steps on her own, loves to walk holding my hand and prefers to walk up the stairs with help also. She is chatty and cheeky, she is playful and cuddly, she adores her 'piggie' and enjoys playing with her brother, especially chasey. She is a lovely girl and it will be fun to watch her grow and develop in the coming year.

You know, hearing horrific and unimaginable stories like the toddler bashed to death by his father, really makes you want to hold your children and never let go. I love them *so* much.

To close, I want to give *you* a big big big hug.

1 comment:

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Gail - {{{hugs}}} right back to you and your kids.

Hope Zali and Caleb are recovered from the week and I hope you are better!!!!!!

Glad your trip today went well and I just bet you are in bed right now sleeping zzzzzzzzzzz :-)

Hope all goes well for next week and hope to see you guys soon.

Have a great weekend and a great week Gail :-0