Thursday, December 6, 2007

Wedding Part A

My eyes are a little tired and blurry, but here is the story . . .

Once upon a time a prince and princess were preparing to be married. Ok enough of that, my fairytale telling skills aren't too flash so I will stick to the real stuff.

I met Mel for a couple of dress fittings in the week before the wedding. It was fun and exciting! Paul Hunt made her dress, he was a lovely bloke and produced just what the bride wanted. This gem was taken on Wednesday morning for a final fitting and try on off all accessories. Mel picked it up later that afternoon and then the LWD (little white dress) was whisked away the next day when they headed up to the apartment.


On Friday I drove up to Maroochydore. Great drive, since I was by myself and had free choice of music, I went back into the CD collection and grabbed a Garth Brooks. I sung my little heart out. I think other drivers might have thought I was a bit nuts. I was grooving and bopping and singing so much I made myself a little carsick. While I was driving. Confirmed, I am a nut. I was actually getting hoarse I was belting out the words so strong and proud. Honestly, I do hope the car was soundproof.

I checked into our apartment. The Duporth on Duporth Ave. Very. Nice. I took pictures of the whole apartment but I won't bore you with the pile. Instead, I will focus on the view. It was pretty spesh. Looking left I saw the mountains and hinterland area.


Looking right I saw the ocean become the Maroochy River. That is a balcony you could perch yourself on for a few hours, nice cool drink in hand. Sigh. I can picture it now.

It was a spacious three bedroom apartment. The main bedroom had these views and shared the huge balcony. There was a TV, large walk-in robe and flasho ensuite (double vanity, separate toilet, shower, spa bath, enough room for waltzing, if you so desired). The lounge had comfy chairs and a large screen television and was next to the dining table. The kitchen was beautifully equipped, and all we used was two cups. We were hardly there. Very long hall joined the other two bedrooms (which both joined onto a small courtyard), main bathroom, toilet and laundry. It was ducted air-conned and *delay exciting news for added impact* had awesome automatic blinds. They rocked. Honestly, I think you could not appreciate their cool-ness until you see them. The blinds were a talking point all weekend, the bride and groom were equalling impressed. If those lotto numbers ever come up, I am definitely getting automatic blinds. Side note: I just deleted the right hand view from the balcony. I think I will go to bed and do more tomorrow.

To finish off part a, here is the bride herself and the spunky bridesmaid. Obviously the hair and makeup wizards were still working their magic.
We nibbled and we sipped pink champers, darrh-ling.


No comments: