Friday, December 7, 2007

Wedding Part B

Here is the view from our apartment to the right (the one I deleted last night, oops). Nice. Remember you can click on the pics and it will load a big version.

Due to wind, rain, dark scary clouds, the decision was made to move the ceremony to the reception venue. Ebb @ Maroochydore. A beautiful restaurant nestled on the river. The ceremony was to be held at Point Perry, a stunning view up and down the coast and out to the deep blue ocean. Both were beautiful places and the main event still occurred. Mel and Brent were married. I love this photo of when we had finished walking down the aisle and the look of pure happiness on Mel's face. All the preparation and work and sweat had all been for this perfect moment.
The vows were sweet, Mel's two sisters said a poem and the ceremony was finalised with the special 'first kiss'. I stood quite still, lip occasionally quivering, batting the eyelids to keep the tears at bay, deep breathing to keep myself together. It was perfect and beautiful and sweet and about two friends getting married. These two people are very special to me and it really was a fantastic day, and an honour to be involved in.
Cripes, trying to sign the official papers while every single inch of me was shaking, now *that* is a challenge. How happy do they look!
This is the six of us. And Mel's Dad has his head blocking Brent, but this is the only photo I have of the group. Can't wait to see the professional ones! Left to Right: Sonia (Mel's friend), Joel (Brent's youngest brother), Garth (Brent's younger brother), Brent (groom!), Mel (bride!) and me (spunkrat extraordinaire). (Note: how come spunkrat didn't clear my spell check? Honestly!)
The official newly-crowned Mr and Mrs. Awwww, aren't they cute!
The old married couple all dressed up. That really is us under all that finery.
My speech. I was trembling (again) and trying (badly) to hold back the tears. Didn't work. M&B came and supported me. I wished they would have held my notes still, between the trembling hands and teary eyes, they were hard to read. I was told I had a few people in tears. My job was done.

Next post I will show you the yummy cake and some afterward/party type photos.

I am tired and want to go to bed. I am the taxi for the husband who is currently out celebrating Christmas with his work colleagues. I will be a cross, tired wife if he rings me at an undesirable hour.

No comments: