Saturday, August 30, 2008

These Days

Doing the normal Saturday morning groceries, I picked up a coffee and heard some chitter chatter amongst the staff. It is similar chat that I hear a lot of Saturdays.

What are you doing tonight? (otherwise, what did you do last night?)

That is when Grandma Gail emerged. My first thought was to get the kids to bed early, play on the computer for a while and head to bed to play sudoku/read before falling asleep with the light on, again. Remember to take some water to bed this time, oh and I think I need to rub cream on my hands and feet.

I am probably middle-aged to those little pip-squeaks, but, alas, I do remember a time when the weekends entertainment was important and a great talking point. These days, well, these days it is hard enough dragging my pudgy butt up the stairs for a rest after doing the normal Saturday groceries!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG - how embarrassing to be as OLD as you!!