Friday, August 29, 2008

Green Eye

Cripes. It is the middle of the morning and I could very much appreciate a nap right now. My washing line is chockers cause I have been cleaning/organising/purging (and that feels might fine!) and found so many items of clothes that had been forgotten. Especially some kids stuff. I have storage containers piled high ready to be filled. I have six large green garbage bags filled with clothes to toss in a Lifeline bin, currently taking up my entire boot. There are numerous bags of rubbish and unnecessary stuff. I have a storage container collecting baby things to wash for Baby G's arrival. I want to wash them now cause they are tiny and cute, but still a long way off until he appears, so awaiting I will be.

I had to move our old queen size wooden bed into the spare room, heaps of boxes and bags and rot. My belly hurt *heaps* by the evening, the old muscles letting me know they didn't appreciate the strain. Doh! Don't think today's lot will be as heavy, but I will be taking it easy.

Congratulations JJ, I am *so* thrilled for you and Greg and Catie! That is going to be one lucky, loved and precious little soul.

This morning driving home from the train station I saw this 'dude' driving a car with his hat on sideways and hair sticking out. Gee he looks young, I thought. Number plate was personalised with 3 letters and 91. The car was pretty much brand new. Once I could get my fingers to cooperate and added up the years, I was not overly impressed that a child of 17 has scored a brand new car with personalised number plates. Not that personalised number plates thrill me much, but I have been grovelling for a car for a long time, a brand newie. I am a little older than 17, you know, a year or two. Hmpf. The green eyed monster will sign off here.

No comments: