Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Troubled Day

Started out with loosing some blood this morning. At SNP bright and early and most of the carparks at Carindale were fenced off to stop commuters and staff parking. What about me, drat it! They got the couple of bottles (ok, tiny viles) they needed and I went and bought an (awful) coffee and (my luck) sat next to a talkative woman on the only bench seat with a back rest.

Between not having the lid on properly and dripping coffee on my shirt and this woman talking endlessly about knitting and buses and driving to Melbourne and that her parents won't let her drive their car and that the man inside the closed doors of Big W polishing the front entrance should have done that last night, I couldn't wait for her to get inside the shop to get her precious new knitting needles.

Got home and realised I left my keys inside the house. Onya! Thankfully Mum was only around the corner so I went and got her keys.

The husband calls. Bike is at Yamaha for a while he says, had an accident he says. Hmmm.

Same as last time, some *tool* come out in front of him and took him out. The bike is unridable but thankfully he wasn't too damaged. Bruises and scrapes and cuts and damaged protective gear (thank the stars for protective clothing!) and quite shaken (understandably). The *tool* helped take the bike off the road and gave the husband a lift to work. It took me and the kids nearly two hours this afternoon to go pick him up and come home again. Fingers crossed the bike won't be out of action for too long, it is going to cause a bit of a mess with commuting.

However (sssh) the good news (I think) is that the husband might get rid of the bike! Yay! It doesn't matter how careful and well he rides, it seems to be the *tools* on the road who don't look and cause all our problems. He already has life long injuries from the previous accident, so we (yes him mainly, but us as a family) don't need anymore injuries or (touch wood) anything worse.

Okey, gotta run, my Mummy needs me.

No comments: