Saturday, September 6, 2008

High or Low?

Firstly just a little advice. If you happen to enter a toilet facility in a public place, say a shopping centre, and someone next/near you may have produced something relatively nasty in their cubicle, please keep any comments/heavy breathing to yourself. They may be a little unwell and feeling a little sensitive about said 'nasty' and don't need to hear the public's opinion. Right.

After having a visit with a new doctor at my local medical centre, I booked another two appointments with the said doctor. One for Caleb to get some anti-biotic drops for his eyes and one for me. I have been sick for a while and I am struggling, but nothing is regular and reportable (yah, not making much sense, hence why I decided to cancel my appointment). To give them plenty of notice, I asked Mum to call while I was driving.

Now, in my defence, the lady over the back at home introduced herself a while back and her name is Hong. She said 'like Hong Kong'. I remembered the doctors name was similar. I had a feeling his last name was like Low or Lo or something with an 'o' or a 'w' or . . .

When the medical receptionist asked Mum which doctor I had the appointment with, she asked me and I, obviously feeling the pressure (!) said um, Low, Hung, Hung Low or something. So Mum piped up with 'Hung Low'.

As soon as she repeated it, I started laughing uncontrollably. OMG! How embarassment. You can imagine that we have still been laughing at this. When hubby came home from the airport Thursday evening and we gave him the story, I couldn't actually talk from laughing.

On Friday I managed to get another appointment, this time for hubby as he is unwell also, and he kept asking the real name cause all he was thinking is Dr Hung Low. Doh!

By the way, his name is Dr Kwong Chow. He is a lovely man and is very good dealing with the kids. I will remember his name forever, I think I will tattoo it inside my forehead.

No comments: