Friday, July 4, 2008

Made It!

Phew, made it to Friday!

Happy Birthday to Nan for yesterday! I need to point out to Nan that Caleb and Zali wanted to ring and say Happy Birthday last night, but their drongy father forgot about them. Doh! Enjoy your shopping trip and see you very soon.

Last night I went out for dinner with my sweet friend Kerry. She took me out for my birthday, you see she gave me a voucher for a dinner out with her, and we finally got to use it! It was a great night - fantastic to be able to talk continuously without being stopped mid convo by the kiddies. She is about one week ahead of me with her pregnancy and she has a very cute baby belly - of which Caleb had to lift her shirt to look at the baby! Great food, excellent company and lovely to escape the house!

School holidays put me off my normal schedule. With Caleb home everyday I can never remember what day it is. But, very glad we made it to Friday and the weekend is v. v. close! They are having a snooze now, I may have just heard a bit of movement from the boy, but when they both are active we can go for a drive to check the post box. You know, might have the excitement of a bill!

Amy came and visited this morning, trying to have some more time here for when Janene returns to work week after next. Still need some settling time, but it is a big adjustment for a little person. My kids were getting tired also and when lunch was over it was definitely sleep time. I had a wee nap myself, just a small power nap and I feel good - except my hips, they been sore lately.

My house is generally a bomb site - the children feel the need to share the toys and crap between the rooms. Why should one room have all the fun of the toys, that would be just too organised and . . .

oops, my normal broadcast has just been interrupted by a small boy telling me his boggers are coming out. better get said boy a tissue.

chow.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love reading your blogging. I can hear you talking in my head - wait, maybe that's the voices. I love the dress up superheroes and I thought you were dressed up - Super Mum! Love JJx