Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Family Day

Sunday was the annual family day for my old work (hubby's work sort-of-old-parent-company) and it was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, quite warm and not real windy. We were down at Kangaroo Point near the Story Bridge for a fun day. It was dress ups for the kids - Superhero!

Caleb was Spiderman (and I forgot his mask! Doh!) and Zali was a Super Fairy! I didn't think to get a back shot of them, especially to see Zali's bewtiful wings, so this is the best I can show you. Her wings had flowers in them and I thought they were v. cute.

Her shirt was pale yellow and she wore yellow gumboots. The pink skirt had little mirror circles and tulle, all topped off with some pink beads. And a hat of course.




Caleb loved having a drink in a big cup of red cordial and lemonade - a real treat! Zali's treat seemed to be getting into the ice from the big containers holding the drinks. To suck.



Obviously I didn't try to dress up and look like a nutter - that comes naturally. : ) I was struggling to hold both of them, I think Caleb knew it and was a little off balance. Ooops.


There were nibblies, BBQ lunch and afternoon tea. There was a big jumping castle, bungee-trampolines and a rock climbing contraption. There was a baby area, a craft area and lots of liquid refreshments. There was face painting. There were take-home bags for the kids.


Caleb wasn't keen on having his face painted - even though I could have begged on my knees for a Spiderman face. Dressed up he called himself 'Soodieman Pie'. Yep. I have no idea either. Anyway, he liked the idea of a froggie on his hand, here it is:


Caleb got a little trophy and some books as winner of best dressed boys and Zali got runner up for girls and got a cool wobbly eyed colouring-in book. Sigh. First trophy for the trophy cabinet!


We were all knackered by the end. Some of us had a little sleep . . . But a Super Fairy had a huge three hour sleep and couldn't be woken for dinner . . .




No comments: