Thursday, May 1, 2008

May

I cannot believe it is May. Happy to have arrived at the best month of the year, but strewth . . . where is the year going? The chilly mornings and need for a blanket over my knees while watching Oprah - loving that.

Speaking of blankets, we are now the proud owners of a brand spanking new ensemble . . . wait for it . . . a king size bed! Wahoooooooooooooo! Packed up is the queen size wooden slat bed, goodbye, you served us well. The newie arrived on Tuesday and I am thoroughly in love. I have wanted a king size . . . for. ever. The husband hasn't totally taken it over yet, but give him time. This morning at some ungawdly hour when Caleb came in, there was plenty of room for him to snuggle in and still be comfortable for everyone. Hell, when Zali came in at a more respectable hour, there was still room for her to get some snuggles. Have I said I *love* this bed.

I have been very quiet, very unsocial and living in my own little sorry world. However, I am starting to come out of it. I think I might be emerging from this nasty business called morning sickness. I am starting to eat a better variety of food and not feel immediately nauseous. I even had a coffee yesterday! I splashed out with my final scrummy (usual) breakfast with the gorgeous Jill - who, sniff sniff, goes home on Saturday. Miss you already!

I am sure there has been an abundance of extremely thrilling events in my life, of which I cannot quite recall at this moment, so I will move on to something cute. No! Snigger. Not more about me!

This . . .


Bubbles. She is a nearly-9-week-old tiny-ball-of-cute pup who has Caleb wrapped around her tiny paw. Zali is keen when she is in the mood (if she is having a strop, this bouncing ball of happiness is *not* welcome).


Not sure if these pictures show her size appropriately, but this is a bucket. She had plenty of room. Without the fluff (or if she has a bath and resembles a drowned rat) she is a little bag of bones. When she is full grown, Bubbles will be bigger than our Tenterfield Terrier, Buttons, but she will be a small dog.


This is her today. See that butter-wouldn't-melt look? She totally knows how to work it.


Molly the cat isn't impressed. Buttons is getting used to her and will appreciate the company, but she still has the need to teach Bubbles who is boss. At the moment Bubbles thinks that is funny.

Caleb is very attentive. He carries her around, hooked up in his left arm, and she just sits, very calm like a little doll. It is great that she is friendly and loves everyone, she loves company and will follow you around. Caleb loves to feed her and look after her like a little 'baby'. He is up straight away at 5.30am (her waking time) when she cries out and races downstairs to play. They proceed to play chasey and run giggling throughout the house. Did I mention the 5.30 *AM* part? He asks 'where is my baby dog?'

Hope you are all well and happy.

3 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Crazy!
Excellent post.
I love dogs.

Anonymous said...

Bubbles is very cute! Hope she brings lots more love and giggles for Caleb & Zali. :)

Liz Weber said...

O!M!G! how cute is Bubbles (poor Miss Molly) being a cat lover I totally sympathise with Molly but that puppy is adorable - almost makes me want one (almost)

Glad Caleb and Zali are enjoying Bubbles.

Hope you stay on the 'getting better" path.

Only 34 more sleeps to go ;-)