Monday, June 25, 2007

Two in a Row!

Holy smoke, Batman! Two entries in two days!

This morning Caleb had his haircut. It went pretty well. He sat on my lap, I had a cape and he had a cape. But we both were still covered in hair. I used the good old bribe technique 'you be a good boy and you can have a chocolate milkshake', which seems to work most of the time.

Zali was getting tired, and needed Mummy cuddles (read: hold me until I fall asleep and I don't care how much this hurts your back). I was looking for kids footy socks, do they make these? Caleb has recently acquired a new orthotic and we need long socks that go higher than the boot. I looked in Big W and couldn't find them, and with my back muscles now starting to burn holding a sleeping angel, I decided I would try girls tights. They are quite thick, like thin socks, and I can make them as long as I want. Hmm, good thinking I told myself. Fingers crossed they do the job, cause I am not sure what other option I have. I will take a photo of his new boot and post another day, it has a camo design!

We went to Jamaica Blue for a coffee and chocolate milkshake. The shake came with pink umbrella and little yellow monkey hanging over the cup. Why don't I get a pink umbrella and little yellow monkey hanging over my coffee cup? Oh, and you get a little crunchy choc-chip biscuit with your coffee . . . until some little pudgey fingers steals it and demolishes in one mouthful! Nooooooooo.

Zali is still sleeping, as we start to head for the car. The little crunchy choc-chip biscuit thief decides it is time to spread his wings, and run, any direction, and only look back to see if Mum is following if the feeling strikes. Did I forget to mention by this time we have a tired boy, and tired boys don't really like to follow instructions from their mothers?

I want to do a bit of scrapbooking now, while everyone seems happy. Caleb is up sleeping and Zali is with Daddy. I will post my last two completed pages for you to see, later on.

Have a lovely day - this dull, drizzley, cool type of day is perfect to lay in bed and snuggle under a doona. Mmmmmmmm.

1 comment:

Jill said...

colourful and crazy, yep that pretty much sums you up. Of course, that's also why I think U Rock! Well, done with the blog. I'll be a regular stalker.

Just Jill x