Wednesday, June 27, 2007

New Table


Did you know we got a new table? We put all our birthday money together (thanks Mum, Debbie, Graham, Kelly, Teagan and Alex) and added a little more to get this lovely little set. Wanted something like this for ages!


Honestly, who is voting for Mimi MacPherson? There must be some sort of fan base out there for her, but lets face it . . . she isn't very good. It Takes Two was fun tonight with Michael Buble singing two songs - I like him, he sings well and enjoys it!

This morning we battled the traffic and rain to head over for a 9am appointment at the Wesley Hospital. Time for Caleb to be measured for a new arm splint. Our lovely therapist, Cathy, is very pleased with his progress! This time he is have a picture of a truck on his arm - hope that turns out well. He is also have a hand splint. It is to help him keep open his hand, just a little to start with, and increasing down the track. We talked about the possibility of Botox injections in his upper limb, and she said it would benefit him and 'be good'.

This is in sync with our regular occupational therapist, the lovely Katrina, who agrees that it would be good for Caleb. I think at this point, the paediatrician at the Royal Children's Hospital thinks we should look at his arm and potential for Botox at our next appointment later in the year. Will see how things pan out then.

After that appointment, we shot out to playgroup. It was small (due to the weather) and noisey, but the kids got to play. And I got a Mint Slice biscuit. And I think Adrian thought it was a little crazy.

The afternoon was a mix of sleeping and not sleeping and miserableness and going to Civic Video for Terrific Tuesdays - $1 DVD's!! Got 2 overnighters - Boytown and Flicka.

Sits down to watch Boytown, and half way through we have a power blackout. Whodathunkit? I then lay on the floor rolling around with the kids until I was squished and prodded and told not to sing anymore . . . by a nearly 3 year old. Hmpf.

Have you seen Boytown? A number of times I laughed out loud, Caleb and Zali looked at me very strangely. They thought my laughing was funny and laughed at me. No, not with me, at me. Wasn't a fabulous storyline, just easy to watch and have a bit of a laugh. Have always liked Mick Molloy, Glen Robbins, Tony Martin etc, they are good for a laugh.

Okey, night night.

No comments: