Sunday, September 27, 2009

Washing

Lots of washing today. A couple of loads of clothes and stuff - Grandma did most of that. Up at 5am, as usual, for the markets adventure. I went to the gym for a quick 'session' . . . and even though I was pretty scared, I . . . rode my bike there! Gulp. It was all good though and I will be doing it again, felt like a bit of a kid racing down the hill . . . weeeeeeee.

KMart was the next adventure (after a very nice shower and fresh clothes) to purchase Zali some sneakers and a bike and socks and things. She picked out a fun pair of Dora sneakers and has been traipsing around the house with them still tied up with the elastic.

I made an *awesome* fruit salad for lunch. The Mango Man was back at the markets so we indulged ourselves with our 'first of the season'. Cutting up and sharing a mango - jeez, that takes every ounce of goodness in me - I find it hard to share that sweet ball of yummo! Zali says 'mmm, I like that mango!' Hmpf. She has already taken an interest in my kiwi fruit bowl. Sharing is *so* overrated.

After a nap, it was time to get wet and dirty. We hosed down our windows to clean up after the almighty dust storm. The fun part was pretending to spray the kids with the hose as they watched from inside the window/glass doors - they ran away giggling . . . Sadly with our run of droughty-type weather the kidlets hardly even know what a hose is!

The little angels came outside and we all washed the cars. They enjoyed being 'good helpers', splashing around on the wet cement and a finishing treat of getting in the front seat to move the cars back in the garage.

Dinner was made as Zali drew pictures and Caleb set up a truck stop. Made a quick cheese and bacon pizza and did a bewt rump and vegetable stir fry.


The weekend went a little too fast!

No comments: