Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Honestly

Around 3pm this afternoon, I was being pulled in different directions. Caleb wanted to play and Griff wanted to sleep. I wanted a nap.

I suggested to Caleb we walk to kindy to get Zali - this way he has some fresh air and exhaustion in walking, wee Biffy can have a wee nap in the pram and Zali can have her last bit of ooomph walked out of her.

Cause Caleb was tired (ie no nap or rest) and his attention to anything was minimal, we had a 'moment' after he walked into a tree. It was a pointy and sharp bundle of branches after being recently trimmed back - great tree to pick! He now has a large scratch up his cheek which stops squillimillimetres from his eye. Lucky eye!

He picked up slightly on the way back, having to show off that he had already walked the track and proceeded to tell Zali all the tidbits I had explained to him on the way over, in answer to his constant questions.

We started walking down a small hill, Caleb was saying calling out 'weeeeeeeeeeee'. Next thing he is sitting on the ground.

'Muuummmmmmmmm, I can't swide! Why can't I swide?'

For the uneducated, swide is slide with an unloved L.

He decided the sloping hill might be fun to slide down. However his over-excited little bottom sat very still on the concrete path. It wasn't going to happen. I had to laugh at the innocent little nutbag face staring back at me in bewilderment. My thoughts were 'Are you freakin kidding me?' However I replied with 'No honey, you can't slide down a concrete path'.

'oh' he replied.

The other little innocent nutbag proceeded to drop her little bottom on the path also, 'Muuuummmmm, I can't swide!'

I am sure even Griff was starting to laugh now.

No comments: