Friday, April 24, 2009

Toe Sadness

My left big toe used to have a halfway decent nail. Used to. Over three years ago while moving a bookcase my husband, precious dear, dropped it on my toe. It hurt. I jumped around in pain, he thought it was funny. Again, precious dear.

It took forever to come off and another forever to somewhat grow back. Obviously my modelling career is totally ruined. Hmpf.

These days, my poor big toe sort-of-nail has been in the wars. Mum stood on it, with a swinging foot. It hurt so much my poor big toe cried tears of blood. Everywhere. I think this also made the nail start to fall off . . . again. Caleb stands on it. Zali stands on it. All. The. Time.

I am sure it has a red freakin' light that screams out 'Stand On Me Please'.

Yesterday while I was setting up some folding chairs in the garage for Caleb, Zed and I to wait for the school bus, a chair fell on my toe. Not my foot, just my toe. My poor sad toe. It ripped the nail off to hang by a small thread. It was obviously fixing itself and growing a new nail.

Today it still hangs by a small thread - and it will until it works itself off as that small thread is pure pain. I just hope it doesn't take another year to grow the new nail back.

For some reason Zed thinks Caleb hurt it and keeps asking why did he hurt my toe. I think my toe needs to meet up with Sonia Kruger so they can work out how my toe can look 10 years younger in 10 days.

No comments: