Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Been Scrappin

Alrighty then. I spent two whole days at the Brisbane Convention Centre totally loving the Australasian Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo. I did six classes and had a ball. Except the afternoon I had to walk to find the bus with heavy bags and heavy eyelids. Each day was quite exhausting, sitting in one spot learning and creating and playing is actually hard work! I loved every second and can't wait for next year . . . already!

Here is a few of the pages I did. Some I finished off today by adding the photos. I am not that flash at photographing my pages, they are actually square and the grey stuff in the corners is my back verandah of concrete.

The first ones are from Making Memories classes with Gail and Patty from Making Memories in the U S of A. They were lovely, the papers were beautiful - Noteworthy and Garden Party, and to top it off I won two prizes.





These three were from the Cute As a Button class with Nikala OBrien, a Brissy girl. They were fun and I loved how they turned out. They were all girly layouts and I have heaps of Zali photos to catch up on, so win-win all round.



The photo of 12 month old Zali above is by the talented and spunky Rachel Richter.


I spent some time scrapping today while the kids were occupied at little school/kindy. I went out to the toy room to use a large sturdy desk that the neighbour had passed our way. It was brighter and there were windows to keep an eye on the weather and my washing hanging on the line. At pick up time I jumped in the car and left my scrapping on the table, neatly. I was hoping to go back when the kids were watching New McDonalds Farm at 3.30pm but was going to keep an eye on my stuff in case little wondering hands got too close.


In a split second Zali was up on the chair thinking she was in heaven. She had grabbed my black pen and pulled the lid off and started 'decorating' my current page. It was another Making Memories class page that I had added photos of our puppy Bubbles and the title, and wanted to add a bit of journalling to finish it off.


Well.


She coloured in both photos of Bubbles and added some squiggles on the left side and evened it off with some on the right side.


Oh. My. Gawd.


I took everything off the desk and straight back into the office. I know not to trust a sole again.

No comments: