Sunday, March 2, 2008

Don't Sleep and Drive!

Friday on our usual park adventure, we were joined by Janene and Amy. Beautiful day, the previous Friday we were icy poles slowly dripping away in the awful heat. Before we got there Miss Zali was tired, but she was keen to play.

Amy had her first swing and slide. Initially a little hesitant but movement calmed her and let her enjoy the ride.

The slide was very gentle. A little slippery dip with Mum's assistance, then checking it out for comfort at the bottom. I think it passed the Amy-likeness-test.

Caleb was a little unmotivated but played ok. After a while his new friend turned up and he happily went off playing and jumping and pretend falling. Her name is Saschie (not sure on spelling) and we met at the park last week. They play well, until she wants to hold his hand or hug him goodbye. Zali is normally keen to get in on the action, but the tiredness was boss today.

At morning tea time (read: hungry *and* tired, oops) we all headed over to the shaded table to eat and refresh. Zali did this. Isn't it cute!? Classic photo, want to print a big one! She was very tired, obviously hungry, smidge cranky and did. not. want. to. move. Until Mummy picked her up. Ahhh, after the photo opportunity of course!

Big day on Saturday. Grandma, Caleb, Zali and I drove up to Toowoomba to drop off Syd the Cockatiel to Nan and Pop's. She settled well, the kids played and had fun, and Grandma and I met Sheree at Sizzlers for a lunch date. Quick stop at the scrap shop on the way to lunch, only quick I swear! Lunch was nice, fantastic seeing Sheree and I want to send a huge thank you for the gift. It is very thoughtful and special and really nice. Have starting doing things to it, want to make it neat though. And we forgot about the clothes for Finn - doh!

After lunch we picked up two tired kids from Nan and Pops and commenced the drive back home. The littlies went to sleep pretty fast and little old me - well, I was snapped awake (at the wheel) when Grandma said 'why are you driving all over the road?' Ooops. I was really tired. I drove a bit further, since I was given a wee shock. When I got drowsy again I pulled over straight away and Grandma drove.

I haven't slept in a car (without being drugged with travel sickness medication) for a *very* long time. Very tired! I swear Grandma was deliberately heading for the bumps and sharp corners.

After a big day and late sleep, my two angels didn't want to sleep until 9.30pm! Holy smoke! I was ready to fall asleep just after 7.30pm, but I couldn't give in after they went down so I worked a little on a scrap page. Went to bed too late and was woken at 5am for the markets. Grrr.

Had a nap today. Was woken when a nasty little ant bit me on the leg - don't worry, he won't be biting anyone else, ever again.

Enjoy your week, it is going to be a great week!

No comments: