Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nice Things


It's always fun to play with new things. It's fun to bake and create (and eat, lets be honest!) and use pretty things. I played with some new pretty and useful things today I got from a new little shop www.debskitchen.com.au

I had a helper to do the mixing - obviously the head and hand moves in sync. Just a basic biscuit mix I always use and this time I was attempting to create some masterpieces using the 'biscuit cutter'. I had seen them in the shops and wondered how they would go . . . until I was reminded (been eating them for years - doh!) that my Mummy-in-law had one. A well-used-over-20-years-loved beauty. She let me borrow and play.


How could I go past a pink one? I got a silicone bowl scraper - nice and solid to hold - and scrapes quite nicely also. The big winner is that 'sheet' draped over my sink, holding said scraper. Reusable baking paper! It is *so* nice. On my big baking tray I placed the sheet and splotted all the biscuits straight on . . . and those sweet little mouthfuls glided off beautifully.

I suppose now wouldn't be the time to kick oneself after generously giving one reusable baking paper sheet from my 2-paper-pack to my big sister. The two sheets would work together - one in the oven baking and the other on my bench having more biscuits splotted on. Next time I will have to get us both a 2-pack.



I couldn't keep the pile of biscuits for long . . . there were some little fingers grabbing them and eating faster than I could re-pretty the pile.


After experimenting with the 'biscuit cutter' and having success, I think I want me one! I am sending a container of biscuits to little school tomorrow for Caleb to show off his baking and to share the love (er, calories!). It's nice to share.

1 comment:

Ida said...

I think I want one of those funky cookie cutters too.
www.debskitchen.com.au here I come!