Thursday, October 28, 2010

Bad Habits

I have been naughty. Teaching my daughter bad habits.

I will start by saying I continued with (normal) good habits during today's swimming lesson. Caleb needed to wee and wanted to go to the toilet. He was all wet and plodded over to the facilities. Back to swimming and all was good.

After swimming lesson . . . we went out to the heated 'baby' pool, 0.2m deep so Caleb and Zali could have a splash and run and pretend the were swimming champions (burn off more energy so sleepy time would be near!). I had just gotten Sage to sleep in the sling, the kids were both saturated and I wasn't sure where the nearest toilets were.

I need to wee, says Zali.

Sitting on a metal chair and exploding with enthusiasm and energy (not), my eyes roll into the back of my head and I slowly suck in some oxygen. Aka: you gotta be freakin' kidding me type-of-thing.

Just this time, I say coyly to Zali, do it here. I mean, a baby pool has gotta have a wee bit of wee in the mix, yeah? Fine. I did say bad habit above, didn't I!

I should have just shot myself then.

She walks to the edge of the baby pool and starts to pull off her 'kini bottoms. Noooooo, I call with my eyes bulging . . . gosh darn it doesn't she know about doing it sneakily and quietly and . . . not making a scene.

'kini bottoms staying on, she stops again at the edge of the baby pool and, legs apart, prepares to do the deed. Nooooooo, I call with my eyes bulging, get down Zali.

She squats with legs apart. Nooooooo, I call and this time lodge a tooth pick in my eye cavity so they remain bulged, get *in* the water!

She steps in, standing up with legs apart . . . yep, get *in* in the water.

She half squats . . . . *down* Zali, get down in the water. Which I repeat two more times. That's it, *right down* in the water.

Sitting in the water, we finally get the mission complete.

Honestly, I should have just taken her to the loo.

No comments: