Friday, January 2, 2009

Perception

A bright and cheery good morning on this marvellous January morning. January 2009 - can you believe it? Crikey I hope this year doesn't go as fast as 2008, that was a ride and a half.


On Wednesday I was at the Carindale Shopping Centre. A few of my observations . . .


Waiting in the doctor's rooms a little girl, with an older lady (perhaps Grandma or equivalent), had a small digital camera. She was having fun playing with it. She asked numerous times for the lady to take photos of her, she just loved seeing herself on the little LCD screen. The little girl took photos of the lady and when she showed her work the lady said 'oh no, delete that, it is too close, it is awful'. It didn't matter what the photo of the little girl looked like, she loved seeing herself. I don't think it would have mattered what the photo of the lady was like, she would not have liked it. Which led to my thinking . . . our younger selves have innocent ideas and only fun in their hearts. We get older, we get critical, we get unhappy with what we see. That was quite a light bulb moment. Shame our perception of ourselves has to change into the negative. I think I will work on that this year. Do you have any personal goals for 2009?


Walking towards the car I went past another couple heading in. She was a regular lass. He was a large, cuddly, large man. Just in case we didn't realise this fact, he kindly helped out with his shirt ... saying ... Big Dude. I had to laugh.


I think that is something else I could work on this year, I need to laugh more.

No comments: